In the dog days of summer, nothing beats sipping a chilly beverage to keep you cool and refreshed. Whether you are outside by the pool or indoors with the AC blasting, no sunny day is complete without a classic slushie drink. That said, you may not have time to run to the local convenience store or ice cream parlor to get your own, and it can be daunting to do the job on your own.
Enter the slushie maker. This technology simplifies the task of making cold drinks and saves you time and money spent traveling to the store or trying to make specialty drinks by hand. They are designed to blend, shave, and chill your drink to perfection so that you can focus on enjoying its refreshing qualities. While there are many benefits to reap from owning a slushie machine, not all slushie makers are created equal. Lucky for you, have reviewed and rounded up the best on the market for your convenience.
There is a lot to choose from, so consider this guide your one-stop shop for all your slushie needs. We will cover a variety of top-rated slushie makers by their cost, convenience, and size so you can select the perfect one for you with ease. Whether you are looking to make snow cones for the kids, blended coffee drinks, single-serve smoothies, pitchers of margaritas, or anything in between, we’ve got you covered!
Table of Contents
- Overview of the Slushie Maker
- The Best 6 Slushie Makers Reviewed
- 1. Vintage Nostalgia Countertop Slushie Maker
- 2. Zoku Slush and Shake Maker
- 3. VBENLEM 10L Frozen Slushie Machine
- 4. Bravo Italia 2-Bowls Slushie Maker
- 5. Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker
- 6. Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker
- Making Your Decision – What to look for when purchasing a slushie maker
Overview of the Slushie Maker
Slushie makers use refrigeration and/or blended ice to create cold beverages with a variety of consistencies. Depending on the temperature and the coarseness of the ice, it may be shaved into a snow-like, slightly thick, or frothy texture. The ice can be used in a variety of recipes, including blended coffee drinks, adult beverages like margaritas and daiquiris, fruit smoothies, and childhood favorites like ICEEs or snow cones.
Many models contain a reservoir for ice to be shaved or stored before being consumed. The convenience of storing the ice simplifies the process of making your slushie drink. Overall, slushie machines have similar features for making cold blended drinks, though there can be variations in features like reservoir size, automatic vs. manual blend settings, temperature control, ice consistency, and so on. Using reviews like this one can help you determine which machine is best for you.
The Best 6 Slushie Makers Reviewed
In this section, we give you all the details on our picks for high quality, top-rated slushie makers. With as many options as there are out there, it could take hours to find one that’s exactly right for you. That’s why we’ve done the hard work of searching for the best of the best. Below, we highlight the main features and considerations for seven different slushie makers.
Let’s dive in.
1. Vintage Nostalgia Countertop Slushie Maker
A Best Seller, the appeal of this machine is in the name. You can walk down memory lane to summer days past with a hand-scooped, old fashioned snow cone. The machine holds up to 20 cones worth of capacity, perfect for small group gatherings. The cart includes a side shelf where you can set your cones as you prep them with syrup for your eager taste-testers. You can also pick up a party kit that includes straws, cups, and syrups for flavoring the ice. It is sure to be a hit for people of all ages at your next get together.
- This novelty is a great pick for party entertainment while offering a lot of bang for your buck. The old school look makes it clear why the product is called “nostalgia”.
- The unit offers space to make multiple slushies at a time and fits conveniently on your countertop or other flat surfaces
- Comes with accessories, including reusable plastic cones and a scoop for serving
- The machine comes in multiple colors
- Safety switch protects hands from shaving mechanism
- Produces snow cones and may not be as suitable for blended beverages like margaritas or smoothies.
- May not be an item you want out on your countertop 24/7
Looking for something a bit smaller? We understand that sometimes you just want a simple item that fits in your hand. A smaller slushie maker offers easier storage and clean up and can help you monitor portion control.
2. Zoku Slush and Shake Maker
Cut down on the clean-up by making, serving, and drinking your slush all in one place. Ideal for single-serve margaritas, milkshakes, and slushes, these easy-to-use 8 ozs. cups create endless possibilities. Simply freeze the inner core of the slush cup, place in the outer cup, add ingredients, mix and scrape your cup, and boom, you have a quick, refreshing drink.
- Comes as a single unit or in a set of two, great for an individual serving or a couple’s portion
- Easy clean-up
- Must wait several hours for the center core of the cup to cool
- Smaller serving size – If you are looking to make a lot of slushies and fast, this may rank lower on your list
Alternatively, if you are looking for something bigger and better, there are several industrial-sized products on the market. While the machines may be a bit spendier, they deliver high-speed, high quality, and larger storage capacity.
3. VBENLEM 10L Frozen Slushie Machine
As one of the top-rated in the market, this 10 liter (2.6 gallons) slushie machine will have you serving restaurant-quality frozen drinks with ease. Complete with a digital display and simple control panel, this machine makes for stress-free operation. The automated unit has customizable settings and automatically brings your liquid to the perfect icy consistency. Slushies can be ready in as short as 30 minutes and readily dispensed through the single handle and spigot.
- Suitable for residential or commercial business use
- The single lid allows for easy refills
- Side handles for easy transportation
- 360-degree stirrer ensures the mixture stays smooth and blended
- Ideal for serving a larger number of people
- Compared with other appliances, this machine is an investment. It is worthwhile to consider how often you are using the product and whether a blender might also do the trick
- If you are looking for individual or smaller family-sized items, this rig may be slightly larger than needed
4. Bravo Italia 2-Bowls Slushie Maker
This commercial-grade machine offers two large tanks for simultaneous slushie production and service. The tanks come with a sleek stainless steel base and easy-serve handles. The heavy-duty appliance is ideal for offering multiple flavors with the convenience of flipping a switch. The machine comes complete with four temperature settings and an auger that keeps your slushies smooth and consistent every time.
- Professional looking equipment ideal for commercial use
- 800 Watts of power
- Serves a large number of people
- Two bowl capacity allows users to offer multiple flavors
- Quickly produces the desired consistency and will have you serving slushies in no time!
- Easy to use and clean
- Item is very heavy and bulky (99 lbs)
5. Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker
This easy-to-use machine provides up to 36 oz. capacity and around 400 watts of power for making convenient concoctions with the touch of a button. The “Shave ‘n Blend” cycle finely and evenly turns your ice into a smooth, drinkable mixture before your eyes. If you prefer, you can use the custom “shave only” or “blend only” setting to put your twist on the concoction.
Ideal for pitchers of drinks, this set-up is sure to keep the party going all summer long. Complete with an easy-pour jar and markings on the side, this device simplifies the art of drink-making and pouring.
- The result – Restaurant-quality drinks with at-home prices
- Capacity to pour up to three drinks per pitcher
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Auto or Manual settings allow you to customize the texture of your frozen drink.
- Single pitcher and dishwasher-safe parts allow for no-fuss cleanup
- No built-in safety settings so user caution is recommended while operating the concoction maker
Up next, we have the Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker’s bigger cousin.
6. Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker
Whip up a variety of concoctions as smooth as molasses with this three-chamber slushie machine! The 24 oz. blending jars can automatically create up to 72 ounces of beverage per cycle. Pre-programmed drink settings take the hassle out of creating the perfect drinks for your guests. With clear pitchers and rotating shoot for guests to watch, The Tahiti will also be the center of attention!
- Unlimited choices – You can make a selection of drinks using the device’s rotating ice chute
- Six automated drink settings for a variety of drink styles.
- 700 watts of blending and shaving power that will ensure a job well done
- Complete with wood and metal finishes that look as great as your drinks will taste
- Large ice reservoir ensures you will not quickly run out of refreshment
- The Tahiti is a large piece of equipment. If you are low on storage, you may want to consider a smaller unit. While its size will be great for entertaining larger groups, it might not be as practical for day-to-day use.
- Three times the pitchers to clean up. Luckily, the bases are easily removable and dishwasher safe.
Making Your Decision – What to look for when purchasing a slushie maker
Weighing the factors below may help you to think through your purchase and feel a sense of confidence about where you are putting your hard-earned money. Ensuring you find a product that meets your preferences is our goal and should be yours as well. Looking for a quality item that checks all of your boxes ahead of time will add to the sense of relief and refreshment you feel when you take your first sip of an icy cool slushie. Consider the criteria below as you search for the slushie maker that is best for you.
Automatic vs. Manual Settings
Some slushie machines offer an automatic setting where you can press a button and have your beverage made before your eyes. With others, you are responsible for pressing the appropriate buttons and running the equipment to your satisfaction. A benefit of automation is that the machine takes all of the guesswork out of creating a blended beverage. On the other hand, using a slushie machine manually allows you to customize your drink to the exact consistency you like.
Rest assured, there are many options and customizable machines out there that will deliver on all of your slushie expectations! Most units are very user-friendly, whether automatic or manual. You will find that each of the product description and reviews provide more detail on their ice blending and shaving settings.
It is important to think about what you want your cold drink to be like. Some machines offer more packed, snow-like ice that can be eaten with a spoon where others provide a more blended, runny texture that could be drunk from a straw.
For example, the large units that have 360-degree augers are reliable for maintaining a smooth consistency, as they continually run through the mixture and get rid of any clumps or inconsistencies. On the other hand, slushie machines like the snow cone maker tend to shave larger chunks of ice that create a shaved, packable, “snow-like” texture that is good for eating with syrup.
Luckily, there are machines for either preference and all are incredibly user-friendly. The overall simplicity of most slushie makers means you don’t have to think too hard about how to make them and can spend more time enjoying their frozen goodness!
Before making your purchase, consider the total number of people you will be serving. Slushie makers can vary greatly in size and thus, the amount of slushies you can make at once.
Some machines offer individual serving sizes, some generate pitcher-sized portions for sharing, and others are equipped with several tanks to keep the frozen fun and flavors coming for hours on end. No matter the demand or the occasion, there is sure to be a slushie maker that is up for the job.
The capacity of a slushie machine largely depends on whether the machine has a reservoir to store additional ice or if it is meant to produce a smaller serving for a smaller group. You will find that the bigger the tank tends to be, the more likely it is targeted for commercial use.
There are several intermediate sizes like The Tahiti that allow you to create multiple frozen beverages with different flavors and consistencies. Naturally, the larger options tend to be better if you are hosting gatherings with many people.
Overall, you are sure to find the size that works best for you among the options included in this guide. We have hand-picked an array of choices that are sure to meet your specifications, from single-serve to restaurant style and everywhere in between.
Consider where you will be using and storing the machine. Do you have a small kitchen? Perhaps you should consider a smaller model. Are you often making slushies for guests? Consider a machine that allows you to make multiple and serve a larger group of people. Are you planning to use the machine for business? If so, using a higher-end model with larger tanks may be a better fit.
Another important consideration for most consumers is the cost of the machine. Given slushie makers are a specialty item, they can quickly get out of “budget-friendly” territory. Machines that are aimed at commercial use tend to be a bit higher-end, but rest assured some of the lower-cost models can also deliver satisfactory slushies! Just because you are saving some dough does not automatically mean you are losing out on quality. Whatever your ideal price tag, we did the work to ensure you are pleased with the options available.
Before shopping, think about what you want and need in a slushie maker so you find the right fit.
Once again, we want to highlight that it is important to consider multiple features when deciding what slushie maker is optimal for you. So far in this buyer’s guide, we’ve covered:
- automatic vs. manual settings
- consistency of the ice or frozen beverage
- the capacity or amount of slushies a machine can make
- your budget for the machine
It is also helpful to think about the design of the machine and whether it matches your aesthetic, if it is easy to clean up and store, what experiences others have had using the machinery. We encourage seeing for yourself what other positive reviews others have had on the items above and how satisfied they have been with these criteria (and more).
The range of designs there are for slushie makers can honestly be a bit overwhelming. There are so many shapes, colors, and styles to choose from. Fortunately, this guide has something to offer for everyone. If you prefer a classic look or like a touch of novelty, the Nostalgia brand is the one for you. Their old-fashioned snow cone cart and retro appliances are a stylish and fun blast from the past.
Alternatively, if you are looking for something more polished and modern, there are plenty of simple finishes with metal or wood details as well. As we said, there really is something for everyone!
While there is no questioning that making slushies is a wonderful pastime, it’s no surprise that cleanup falls to the bottom of the list. Most consumers are looking for something that is easy to use and even easier to clean. For this guide, we sought not only the best out there, but the machines with the best upkeep as well.
Among the slushie machines selected, many are dishwasher safe and easy to assemble and disassemble for quick cleanup. Several also include handles and small bases that make for easy transportation, while some others are much sturdier and heavier. The built-in convenience on these machines will have you coming back for more, time and time again.
Slushie makers are a unique appliance that can bring a lot of joy and convenience to your life. Given the wide variety of choices and features, it would be impossible to choose just one slushie maker as the best of the best. We hope that the overview of the pros and cons simplifies the decision-making process and showcases the machines that consistently score high on their features.
When you know what you want in a slushie machine and what is out there, it is much easier to find the one that best suits your needs. Considering the features like capacity, design, size, and clean-up can help you figure out which will work best for you.
Remember that you are ultimately the one who has to use it, so considering what is the best fit for you or your family is key. It is important to consider what works best for you and your wallet, and this overview of highly rated and purchased slushie machines helps you do just that. With so many great options out there, it’s hard to go wrong!
Whether this is your first slushie machine or you are purchasing a replacement, we are sure will find an option that brings you the cold refreshment that you want for years to come.